Composed 2016 for Concert Band
The Walking Wind was premiered on May 3, 2016 by the Fillmore Central High School Concert Band.
The Walking Wind started as an experiment – the title came to me before the piece ever did, so I dug through Symphonic Composition Project submissions looking for ideas that could fit that idea. The end result is a piece in the Bb lydian mode, with wind effects in the brass and percussion, and an aleatoric middle section building to the wind’s climax, only to fade off into the sunset.
Check It Out:
Request a score
Check out the song
- ✓ Score emailed directly to you
- ✓ Study the piece to see how well it fits your ensemble
- ✓ You get an email that isn’t spam OR a meeting notice – how exciting!
Purchase this piece
It’s all yours!
- ✓ Score and parts emailed directly to you
- ✓ All parts sent as universally-accessible PDF files
- ✓ Unlimited copy permission granted to purchaser – if your percussionists lose their music, you can print them another one (again)!
Prices in USD