Composed 2018 for Concert Band
The Inventor And His Foley was premiered on May 7, 2018 by the Fillmore Central High School Concert Band.
The Inventor And His Foley took a while to materialize. There are several students’ Symphonic Composition Project submission note-for-note in the final work, but I had a hard time figuring out how they would meld together. The idea of an inventor testing his new creation…unsuccessfully came to mind, and became the glue that bound the themes.
That semester the band had been studying modes, so I knew I wanted to get away from a simple major key piece. The locrian mode is my favorite diatonic mode (yes, I realize how incredibly nerdy that statement is) and that is where this piece is set. It’s a great way for your high school band to talk about modes and how ideas can be twisted within a composition.
Check It Out:
Request a score
Check out the song
- ✓ Score emailed directly to you
- ✓ Study the piece to see how well it fits your ensemble
- ✓ You get an email that isn’t spam OR a meeting notice – how exciting!
Purchase this piece
It’s all yours!
- ✓ Score and parts emailed directly to you
- ✓ All parts sent as universally-accessible PDF files
- ✓ Unlimited copy permission granted to purchaser – if your percussionists lose their music, you can print them another one (again)!
Prices in USD