Arranged 2012 for Concert Band
Pomp and Circumstance was premiered on May 12, 2012 by the Fillmore Central High School Concert Band. This arrangement was designed to be as simple and still sound good, easily adapted to be played as long as is necessary and with minimal rehearsal time.
Sir Edward Elgar wrote his Pomp and Circumstance Military Marches, Op. 39 in the early 20th century. The first of the six marches was played for Yale’s graduation ceremony in 1905, and has since been played at countless thousands of graduation ceremonies. For audience members it is the sound of tradition, and I arranged this knowing that our own graduation ceremony happened four short days after our last concert of the year.
The conductor’s score is provided in both a traditional concert band format and a condensed melody/harmony format so every conductor can fit their needs.
Check It Out:
Request a score
Check out the song
- ✓ Score emailed directly to you
- ✓ Study the piece to see how well it fits your ensemble
- ✓ You get an email that isn’t spam OR a meeting notice – how exciting!
Purchase this piece
It’s all yours!
- ✓ Score and parts emailed directly to you
- ✓ All parts sent as universally-accessible PDF files
- ✓ Unlimited copy permission granted to purchaser – if your percussionists lose their music, you can print them another one (again)!
Prices in USD