Composed 2007 for Concert Band
Fanfare and Proclamation was premiered on October 7, 2007 by the Doane College Symphonic Wind Ensemble.
I wrote the parts with the mindset of a veteran tuba player: I’ve played countless marches with “oom-pas” and concert pieces with half notes that nearly put me to sleep and I didn’t want anyone to get bored playing their part. The tuba part includes some notes playable only on a 4-, 5- or 6-valve instrument, but each is doubled an octave higher if such an instrument isn’t available. The song is high energy throughout, even in softer sections, and I hope you enjoy performing it as I have writing and listening to it.
The fanfare was written in the fall of 2007 and was performed at the dedication of the Fred D. Brown Center at Doane College’s Lincoln campus. The full composition was first performed a few weeks later on October 7, 2007. It is scored for wind band and dedicated to the Norris High School bands, with whom I had the pleasure of completing my student teaching.
Listen along with the score:
Check It Out:
Request a score
Check out the song
- ✓ Score emailed directly to you
- ✓ Study the piece to see how well it fits your ensemble
- ✓ You get an email that isn’t spam OR a meeting notice – how exciting!
Purchase this piece
It’s all yours!
- ✓ Score and parts emailed directly to you
- ✓ All parts sent as universally-accessible PDF files
- ✓ Unlimited copy permission granted to purchaser – if your percussionists lose their music, you can print them another one (again)!
Prices in USD