Composed 2017 for Marching Band
Choking Hazard was premiered on May 9, 2017 by the Fillmore Central High School Concert Band.
My inspiration for the main idea of this song came about a month before I actually sat down to write. I took a student to the UNK honor choir, which provided me the excellent opportunity to sit and listen to rehearsals all day. As I listened to the honor band rehearse, a syncopated 16th note rhythm popped into my head and wouldn’t go away. When I finally got ready to write, I looked through the submissions for the symphonic composition project and found an idea from my senior trombone player that fit perfectly. That became the main melodic idea for the song, with other students providing timpani parts, saxophone counter melodies, and harmonies throughout.
Check It Out:
Request a score
Check out the song
- ✓ Score emailed directly to you
- ✓ Study the piece to see how well it fits your ensemble
- ✓ You get an email that isn’t spam OR a meeting notice – how exciting!
Purchase this piece
It’s all yours!
- ✓ Score and parts emailed directly to you
- ✓ All parts sent as universally-accessible PDF files
- ✓ Unlimited copy permission granted to purchaser – if your percussionists lose their music, you can print them another one (again)!
Prices in USD