Composed 2010 for Concert Band
Balli, Balli, Balli! was premiered on May 11, 2010 by the Fillmore Central High School Concert Band.
With the second installment in the Symphonic composition project, I had a better feel for looking for melodic and complimentary ideas in the students’ writings. The result was Balli, Balli, Balli!, and even more exciting was the fact that Finale could handle the sounds I used. The piece has a Middle Eastern feel, and the title is translated as “whatever you say” in Arabic.
As per usual, there are lots of percussion parts (10, to be exact) including two separate bass drum parts. This piece is a lot of fun to conduct and, like many of my original compositions, there are lots of meter changes to keep the conductor and performers on their toes.
Check It Out:
Request a score
Check out the song
- ✓ Score emailed directly to you
- ✓ Study the piece to see how well it fits your ensemble
- ✓ You get an email that isn’t spam OR a meeting notice – how exciting!
Purchase this piece
It’s all yours!
- ✓ Score and parts emailed directly to you
- ✓ All parts sent as universally-accessible PDF files
- ✓ Unlimited copy permission granted to purchaser – if your percussionists lose their music, you can print them another one (again)!
Prices in USD