Arranged 2008 for Solo Tuba
Amazing Grace was premiered on December 5, 2008.
In the fall of 2008 I went with my mom to visit a member of our church whose health was failing. While we were visiting with him and his wife, he expressed his desire to have me play the tuba at his funeral. I set about to write a piece that was reflective, yet still upbeat, as they specifically asked that the funeral be a joyous occasion. This arrangement was written to honor the life of Bill Naviaux, and I first performed it at his funeral in December, 2008.
Watch a performance in 2015:
Check It Out:
Request a score
Check out the song
- ✓ Score emailed directly to you
- ✓ Study the piece to see how well it fits your ensemble
- ✓ You get an email that isn’t spam OR a meeting notice – how exciting!
Purchase this piece
It’s all yours!
- ✓ Score and parts emailed directly to you
- ✓ All parts sent as universally-accessible PDF files
- ✓ Unlimited copy permission granted to purchaser – if your percussionists lose their music, you can print them another one (again)!
Prices in USD